This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: df and floppy seeks [was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-20041227-1]
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'digging up a mountain with a toothpick and carrying it one grain at a time to another place with tweezers'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:00:44 -0000
- Subject: RE: df and floppy seeks [was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-20041227-1]
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Christopher Faylor
>Sent: 28 February 2005 16:41
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:16:41PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb 28 14:20, Dave Korn wrote:
>>> Or maybe they just thought they had to run it all the way to the end
>>> in case you'd only put a very _small_ floppy in?
>> I guess they want to make sure it really wakes up.
> What's all this about floppies? Why aren't you working on the highly
> important diff utilities problem??????????
I'm still waaaaay too busy trying to edit my registry with vi. It works
just fine, so long as you make sure you only replace plain ascii by
overwriting and don't change the lengths of any strings, honest!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....