This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: webserver not work
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'how not to do it...'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:15:41 -0000
- Subject: RE: webserver not work
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of shih lin
>Sent: 24 February 2005 05:59
> after start apache, I can see my test page by localhost, but either I
> type in
> ip address or http://www.testdomain.com/, it all show website not
> responding, I check my /var/log/apache/error.log
> $ cat /var/log/apache/error_log
> [Thu Jan 1 18:16:27 2004] [crit] (125)Cannot assign requested address:
> make_sock: could not bind to address 188.8.131.52 port 80
> highly appreciate any advice
Wow, this one probably qualifies for an award for innovation in network
engineering! "I'm on a private IP address that can't be reached from the
internet, so I'll just tell my local instance of Apache to bind to a network
interface on a different computer that has a public routable IP."
Ingenious, yes, but doomed to failure I fear......
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....