This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: proftpd not run, and is gcc4 for cygwin coming?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'this poast dedicated to the memory of HST'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:47:16 -0000
- Subject: RE: proftpd not run, and is gcc4 for cygwin coming?
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Corinna Vinschen
>Sent: 22 February 2005 15:55
> On Feb 22 16:50, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb 22 15:42, Dave Korn wrote:
>>> As far as I can see, fish-teaching exercises are highly overrated.
>>> I once spent an entire month trying to teach Shakespeare to a school
>>> of guppies. By then end of it I was soaking wet, but not even one of
>>> them had mastered the "To be or not to be..." soliloquy from Hamlet.
>>> That's the last time I try to teach a man to fish ...
>>> ... don't suppose they'd do any better with female authors either,
>> Maybe you tried the wrong literature. You know how important the
>> right entry is to stay interested. Perhaps some more fishy story
>> like Hemingway's "The old man and the sea" or Melville's "Moby Dick"
>> would have attracted them.
> ...or maybe a movie like "A fish called Wanda".
... or a highbrow play, like ....
(wait for it)
(it's still coming)
(nearly there now)
... Waiting for Codot.
(wow, that was *sooooo* worth scrolling down for!)
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....