This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: proftpd not run, and is gcc4 for cygwin coming?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'a man needs a fish like shakespeare needs a bicycle. or something.'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:42:45 -0000
- Subject: RE: proftpd not run, and is gcc4 for cygwin coming?
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Christopher Faylor
>Sent: 21 February 2005 16:09
> This may be a temporary convenience as a fish giving exercise but it
> doesn't do much as a fish teaching exercise.
As far as I can see, fish-teaching exercises are highly overrated.
I once spent an entire month trying to teach Shakespeare to a school of
guppies. By then end of it I was soaking wet, but not even one of them had
mastered the "To be or not to be..." soliloquy from Hamlet.
That's the last time I try to teach a man to fish ...
... don't suppose they'd do any better with female authors either, though.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....