This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: WHOIS microsoft.com
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:00:10 -0800
- Subject: Re: WHOIS microsoft.com
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <NUTMEGJswFCHOzyfyz50000080a@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Dave Korn wrote:
> > The domain info looks fine to me. If you mean people clogging up the
> > WHOIS registry with various joke domains containing the text
> > "microsoft.com" in them then that has been going on for years
> > and years.
> > Brian
> Ah, I hadn't seen it before. And yeh, the domain info I notice does have reg
> lock on it. There was an outage of their main website at the time I posted,
> which prompted me to look up their whois, so I put two and two together and got
Try it on aol.com and apple.com too. Here's a nanae thread from 2000
that references it, it was the earliest I could find on usenet: