This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: WHOIS microsoft.com
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Talk Amongst Yourselves'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:49:13 -0000
- Subject: RE: WHOIS microsoft.com
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Brian Dessent
> Sent: 09 February 2005 15:46
> To: Talk Amongst Yourselves
> Subject: Re: WHOIS microsoft.com
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Feb 9 15:02, Dave Korn wrote:
> > > .... it might amuse people to try this right now ;)
> > I don't think that's really amusing. I'm wondering how immature
> > somebody must be to do something like that.
> The domain info looks fine to me. If you mean people clogging up the
> WHOIS registry with various joke domains containing the text
> "microsoft.com" in them then that has been going on for years
> and years.
Ah, I hadn't seen it before. And yeh, the domain info I notice does have reg
lock on it. There was an outage of their main website at the time I posted,
which prompted me to look up their whois, so I put two and two together and got
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....