This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Avoiding the need for Windows Explorer
- From: zzapper <david at tvis dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:59:44 +0000
- Subject: Avoiding the need for Windows Explorer
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
It often seemed odd that some tasks were best done by Windows Explorer, eg the selecting, copying
and pasting of a group of files from one distant directory to another; it being tedious and error
prone to type complex paths at the prompt.
The solution for many cases is simple
go to src directory say:
at the prompt type
go to the destination directory
you can then type something like
cp $S/*.php .
BTW if you already know this it may seem obvious, but although I consider myself a *nix whiz, I've
only just sussed this!!
zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
vim -c ":%s%s*%CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne%|:%s)[R-T]) )Ig|:norm G1VGg?"
http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305 Best of Vim Tips