This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: New user needs help
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:15:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: New user needs help
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 12:23:57PM +0000, itzack s wrote:
>I would be very grateful if someone could explain to me the procedure
>for installing software on cygwin,i am new to this system but i am very
>keen to learn,Do i need some form of account to log on as root..Hope i
>dont sound to stupid.
Could you tell me why you chose this mailing for your question?
Was there something in the description of this mailing list which led
you to understand that this was the place to ask technical questions?