This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: touch failing on network share
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:35:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: touch failing on network share
- Organization: bs"d
- References: <0IB10066UIOUS6@pmismtp02.mcilink.com> <20050128185743.GA205421@Worldnet> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050128211742.GC13615@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <email@example.com> <20050128215154.GG13615@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:51:54PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 01:44:47PM -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> >Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:26:21AM -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> >>>Is there another Windows call to SetFileTime(s) on FAT and otherwise
> >>>foreign file systems like HPFS and/or vendor supplied file systems
> >>>such as Clearcase's?
> >>Yes. It's the "SetFileTimeCorrectlyOnHPFSandClearCase()" call.
> >So then - You Found It! Good for you! :-)
> >>Unfortunately it take 42 arguments and we've only figured out the
> >>first 29.
> >Keep working at it Chris. We know you can do it.
> >So then, when can we expect a fix?
> Sadly, I need a Cray to do any further analysis.
> I guess it's time to start up the donations again...
I could try to arrange for you to have remote access to one.
Or maybe I could find one with the analysis already done, and ship
it to you after you pay for a new Cray for me.