This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: ssh error
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:21:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: ssh error
- References: <email@example.com> <20050128155848.GB10668@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <41FA6499.FC419DFB@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:13:13AM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >I can't use ssh, ssh.exe error: cygminires.dll not found.
>> >How can I solve this?
>> Step 1: Read http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> Step 2: Follow the guidelines set forth there.
>Step 3: Ignore contents of problems.html and continue posting the same
>question even after being asked for basic troubleshooting information.
>Step 4: Goto step 3.
>Step 5: ???
>Step 6: Profit!
FWIW, we seem to have entered a stupidity zone with the start of this
new year. The number of clueless complaints about either being to
unsubscribe or not being able to send messages to the mailing list has
hit an all-time high.
Of course, part of this is due to the fact that I'm in a real crunch in
my "real job". So, of course, I have to spend more time pointing people
at FAQs, and answering "Yes, you really do have to read the bounce message.
Yes, the FAQ really does deal with your situation. No, I won't send the
email for you..."
And, then think of the time I'm wasting complaining about all of this...!