This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
cygwin and mingw
- From: Carlo Florendo <list-subscriber at hq dot astra dot ph>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:40:07 +0800
- Subject: cygwin and mingw
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
...Taking my chances of receving a reply on cygwin-talk...
These inquiries are more of a curiosity rather than any problem
regarding a specific issue:
1. I've downloaded the source of cdrtools and they compiled under
cygwin very nicely :) Additionally, the distribution contains the
build instructions for mingw. The readme for building in mingw states:
- Download (http://www.mingw.org) and install the following Mingw32
- Set PATH environment variable using command:
- enter 'make' command in top level directory of the unpacked project
I'd like to be able to build the cdrtools under mingw. Is it possible
for me to just change all references to "gcc" to "gcc -mno-cygwin" and
run make (assuming, of course that both the native cygwin and native
mingw libraries exist)?
2. Is there a one-to-one correspondence between the mingw runtime
libraries (cygwin version) and the cygwin-native libraries? If not,
what runtime libraries are in mingw (cygwin version) that are not in the
cygwin-native libraries and vice versa?
3. What difference would there be between:
a) having the rest of cygwin except the mingw libraries plus the
b) having the rest of cygwin including its mingw libraries minus the
Thank you all for your patience.
Astra Philippines Inc.