This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: bash and temp
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:00:50 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: bash and temp
- Organization: The Lusers Forum
- References: <NUTMEGErzKCDphjZAD9000012e0@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of One Angry User
> > Sent: 19 January 2005 16:28
> > To: Talk Amongst Yourselves
> > Subject: RE: bash and temp
> > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Guy Przytula
> > > > Sent: 19 January 2005 01:31
> > >
> > > > when opening bash window I get : warning: could not find
> > /tmp, please
> > > > create!
> > > > I can see different tmp directories below cygwin.
> > > > Any specific bash is looking for ?
> > > > Any help is accepted
> > > > Best Regards, Guy Przytula
> > >
> > > How dare you make an on-topic post on this list!? That's off-topic!
> > > [snip on-topic reply]
> > ...And you forgot to redirect the reply to the main list, thereby
> > polluting the off-topic list even more with an on-topic reply to an
> > on-topic question. I'm onto you, DaveK!
> No, wait a minute... surely if the question was off-topic, and my
> reply was on-topic to something off-topic, that makes my reply
> off-topic, and therefore on-topic?
Sophistry will get you nowhere! The law of the double negative will
eventually catch up with you. And then, there's DeMorgan's law...