This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: bash and temp
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'ask a serious question get a stupid answer'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:21:31 -0000
- Subject: RE: bash and temp
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Guy Przytula
> Sent: 19 January 2005 01:31
> when opening bash window I get : warning: could not find /tmp, please
> I can see different tmp directories below cygwin.
> Any specific bash is looking for ?
> Any help is accepted
> Best Regards, Guy Przytula
How dare you make an on-topic post on this list!? That's off-topic!
However, it sounds like you've got mountpoint troubles. Did you perhaps run
setup.exe to install "Just for me", but now you've changed to a different user
name? If so, you'd need to re-run setup and specify "For all users" this time.
Or you could probably play with the magic "mount -m | sed " command, but I can't
remember it off the top of my head.
If that doesn't help, you should follow the instructions at
http://cygwin.com/problems, and post to the main cygwin list instead of the talk
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....