This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: tetex 2.99
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:13:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: tetex 2.99
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200501170710500.SM01380@xuanson> <20050117170128.GG20403@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:01:28PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:09:04PM +0100, Dr Jekyll wrote:
>>Hi, the tetex package of Cygwin is not up to date. Have anyone here succeed
>>in installing the tetex 2.99? Can you share your experience? I'm done!
>Good point. You can't just indiscriminately assume that DLLs are not
>executable since that would mean that the user would have no way to
>control this behavior.
>OTOH, I don't think we automatically have to flag DLLs on a
>non-acl-aware FS as executable either. Currently DLLs always show
>up as executable. I don't know how much work it would take to change
>this and I'm not particularly inclined to look into it but this is
>probably somewhere in the stat_worker function.
Yes. I meant to do that.