This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: How can any grown adult use the term "potty-mouth" without cringing in embarassment?
- From: "Robb, Sam" <sam dot robb at timesys dot com>
- To: "Talk Amongst Yourselves" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:45:12 -0500
- Subject: RE: How can any grown adult use the term "potty-mouth" without cringing in embarassment?
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> Fair point. I may even have not looked too hard for nuance
> of meaning to the
> term, since what I was writing was really rhetoric or
> polemic, guised as
> syllogism. So I'm a sophist. So sue me.
> I'm not sure. Since it was plainly established from the
> word go that it was
> meant to be ROT13'd, it would be paranoia to suggest it was
I'd have to go back and check; but from what I recall of
the (very entertaining, BTW) discussions, I always had
the impression that at least *some* people were arguing
that even a change to ROT13 the text would be evidence