This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin and the GPL
- From: "Brian Bruns" <bruns at 2mbit dot com>
- To: <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:01:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin and the GPL
- References: <16cb01c4f59e$624ce160$0207a8c0@avocado>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Saturday, January 08, 2005 11:23 AM [EST], Chris January wrote:
>> We would like to port our BSD licensed Open Source
>> software from straight Windows to the
>> CyCygwinnvironment, such that we are no longer using
>> the Microsoft compiler tools and instead using the
>> gcgccnd the CyCygwinibraries.
>> Would this contaminate our project with the GPGPLWe
>> would like to continue to release our software under a
>> BSD license.
>> Our Open Source project can be found at
> I stared at this for a while but simply couldn't work out what kind
> of editing mistake would garble an e-mail in this way!
I'm guessing it may have been one of those voice translation programs
possibly, and the person stuttered possibly, or doesn't speak good
No offense to the person obviously, but it makes you wonder.
The Summit Open Source Development Group
http://www.sosdg.org / http://www.ahbl.org