This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: "make all" and "make install" for smake
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 05:37:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: "make all" and "make install" for smake
- Organization: bs"d
- References: <20050106120353.8BA1C790087@cal1-1.us4.outblaze.com>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:03:53PM +0000, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> $ make install
> make: `install' is up to date.
> $ smake
> bash: smake: command not found
> "make all" and "make install" suceeded, so why isn't smake a command now?
make install did nothing, because it was confused by the INSTALL file
into thinking nothing needed to be done. Delete the file, or add a:
line in the makefile.