This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'bite the head off a camel for fun'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:33:23 -0000
- Subject: RE: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Igor Pechtchanski
> Sent: 05 January 2005 19:24
> > I liked that passage, it reminds me of a Harry Harrison
> short story I
> > was reading recently. Being HH, it wasn't dwarves and
> saber-tooths, it
> > was corpsmen of the space marines and their
> genetically-modified mutant
> > camel steeds, which had an annoying habit of biting. Their
> arms off!
> Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I was basically raking
> my brains (on
> and off) all this time, trying to recall the name of that story. I
> finally got it -- "Space Rats of the CCC". Gee, should I be proud, or
> what? :-D
> P.S. A great story, BTW.
LOL, yeh, I think you win much kudos for good taste in SciFi there! I love
that story, I find casual carnage and dismemberment highly entertaining[*] :)
[*] ... subject to it not being _my_ members that get dis-ed ...
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....