This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Bug: link.exe
- From: "Ed C. Lueless" <ed dot c at lueless dot org>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:20:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bug: link.exe
- References: <41C9ED30.email@example.com> <20041223093516.GB317@cygbert.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050105100254.GA5240@cygbert.vinschen.de> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 01:12:35PM -0500, One Angry User wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Bold example:
>> alias rm 'rm -f'
>> rm *
>hey, i lost all of my home directory because of this command, and i blame
>u! i thought this was a recipe for getting sshd working on my windows
>2003. u should have been clearer! there are n00bies on this list, u
>know, and they will use ur examples, so u gotta be careful! why cygwin
>allow this kind of command, anyway?
>One Angry User
>(jes' wanted 2 b the 1st 2 complain about this)
Hey, chill out! Corrina was just showng you how to
use alias. sHe
dint't tell you to remove your home directories!
I have an aliasjust like this except I
add a '-r" to the option
since I hate having to remember whether the thing I'am removing
is a directory onot.