This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Bug: link.exe
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:12:35 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Bug: link.exe
- Organization: The Lusers Forum
- References: <41C9ED30.email@example.com> <20041223093516.GB317@cygbert.vinschen.de><firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050105100254.GA5240@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Bold example:
> alias rm 'rm -f'
> rm *
hey, i lost all of my home directory because of this command, and i blame
u! i thought this was a recipe for getting sshd working on my windows
2003. u should have been clearer! there are n00bies on this list, u
know, and they will use ur examples, so u gotta be careful! why cygwin
allow this kind of command, anyway?
One Angry User
(jes' wanted 2 b the 1st 2 complain about this)