This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

Use of cygwin man pages in my manual ?

Hi,

I'm a technical writer and am developing documentation that will be used by
a number of my customers to develop web services.? This documentation will
include a number of example web service implementations that use tools like
Cygwin's OpenSSL tool.? However, I will only be providing documentation to
my customers. If my customers want to actually use OpenSSL themselves, they
would need to download the OpenSSL software from cygwin.com and comply with
the licensing terms.

My question is: Can my manual incorporate documentation that I download from
cygwin.com, such as the OpenSLL man page?? In performing my due diligence, I
read the Cygwin Licensing Page but I didn't find any copyright information
there.? I also looked through the mail archives and likewise didn't find
this question addressed there.

Can you let me know if my manual can incorporate documentation such as man
pages downloaded from Cygwin.com?? If this is acceptable, do I need to
include a copyright statement referencing Cygwin?

Thank you very much for your help with my question.

Sincerely,

Dave Sweetser