This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

YA Licensing question

Hi,
	I have looked through your FAQ's, read the GPL at least a
thousand times, Googled this question to death, and finally read every
one of the entries in the cygwin-licensing mailing list, but just can't
seem to find my  exact case.

	I am wondering if we could just install Cygwin on to the PCs we
ship as part of a larger system so that we can use the NFS server. We
need NFS because another part of the system is Linux based (diskless)
and needs to connect to the Windows host.
	We don't compile anything against Cygwin, we just would run
nfsd, portmap, and mountd.
	Would we be legal to ship these systems with Cygwin preinstalled
on them?

							Thanks,
							Steve