This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

Re: redhat does not answer ...

Thanks you for your attention.

we have no usual contact at RedHat company.
As we are in France, we mailed a few days ago to germany@redhat.com & europe@redhat.com, as mentioned on the RH site.

Precedently, some years ago, we used to deliver bash scripts to our clients so no compilation at all.
Now we use an utility (SHC) that generates a C program (one per bash script) that contains the encrypted bash script. The C program decrypts the bash and execute it on the fly.

These C programs are compiled with gcc in a Cygwin environment and needs the cygwin1.dll to be able to execute (else you get the cygwin1.dll not found when double-clicking on the .exe) : so we can say it is linked against the cygwin1.dll.

Can you give me the price of such a license ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Emmanuel