This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

redhat does not answer ...

Hi,

I am trying to get informations from RedHat about Cygwin licensing  but
after many emails without response, I wonder if somebody in this list
could help me :

We redistribute Cygwin binaries (cygwin1.dll + some useful commands) as
a part of an application we deliver to clients.
According the GPL rules, as we _do not provide_ the source code of our
application, it may be required to pay something no ?

The RH site is quite laconic on its Cygwin page. As GPL is not easy to
understand, respecting the rules is not obvious.

Help !

Thank you very much

Regards,
Emmanuel