Re: Latest 64 bit test stuff on sourceware

On Feb 15 17:22, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 15 16:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I just uploaded all the latest 64 bit stuff to
> > ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/
>
> I just added a few packages to that site.  [...]

This morning I changed the layout of the aforementioned dir.  The
toplevel only contains the non-native stuff:

  binary-toolchain-x86_64-pc-linux-x-x86_64-pc-cygwin-20130215.tar.xz
  bootstrap.sh
  x86_64-pc-cygwin-binutils-20130215.patch
  x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc-20130215.patch

There's a new subdir called install, I filled with the packages require
to get us up to speed.  Except for mintty, which I borrowed from Andi,
and mingw-gdb, which Kai built for us, I cross built all of them on
Linux to collect a basic set of tools we need to build and debug
subsequent packages.

None of these packages is fit for a distro, but they should basically
work, and especially help to create distro packages, for instance, all
the library packages missing yet (libintl, libiconv, libreadline, etc).
At least typical configure scripts should run now.

Here's the list of packages I prepared:

  base-cygwin-toolchain-install-first-20130216.x86_64.tar.xz
  coreutils-8.14-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  dash-0.5.7-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  file-5.11-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  findutils-4.5.9-2.x86_64.tar.xz
  gawk-4.0.2-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  grep-2.6.3-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  m4-1.4.16-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  make-3.82-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  md5.sum
  mingw-gdb.x86_64.tar.xz
  mintty-r1295.x86_64.tar.xz
  rebase-4.4.0-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  sed-4.2.1-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  tar-1.26-1.x86_64.tar.xz
  tcsh-6.18.01-1.x86_64.tar.xz

For installation, start with untar'ing the base-cygwin-* package, which
contains cygwin itself and the native toolchain.  Then untar all the
other packages on top if it.  In the end, you have dash/sh, and tcsh to
work with.  What you need to provide yourself are passwd and group
files, as well as fstab and personal profiles to fit your needs.

Yaakov, care to provide a quick-and-dirty vim package and, maybe, a
cygport for x86_64?  Or is anything missing to get cygport running
natively?  Since you have upload privs anyway, just upload what you can
create easily.  Don't look for man pages or locale files, just the bare
tools would suffice, I guess.