Re: Resurrect discussion: Mixing 32 and 64 bit distro

my 5 cents about this.  Actual my opinion about that is a bit
indifferent.  One hand there might be advantages in allowing to
support 32-bit/64-bit interacting, but there are some down-sides IMHO
too.

I don't see a really good reason to use for 64-bit a different
name-prefix as for 32-bit.  I would vote for using same DLL-names for
64-bit and 32-bit.  The x64 pe-loader is able to load proper DLL for
kind of process.

The down-side of letting 32-bit and 64-bit processes interacting is
IMHO pretty high.  It can get very slow on process-startup and
execution, it is pretty costy in terms of effort, and I am not
convinced that this lead to sane and predictable environments, if we
allow users to mix 32-bit and 64-bit processes freely.

Kai