Re: Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

Hi,

Yes, in theory.  The problem which we have to keep in mind is that
caching file meta information for any longer period of time can very
quickly result in wrong information, which in turn can result in subtile
misbehavior on the application level.  This would be very hard to track
down since it's almost impossible to reproduce.  We are not the OS, so
we never have real control over all file access.

If the filesz+ctime+mtime+ino+attributes are all the same, I dont see a practical way for the contents of the file to change, unless the end-user DELIBERATELY wrote an application to cheat cygwin...

Derry