Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin

Quoting "Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers)" <lhall@cygwin.com>:

A. A user has a Cygwin installation and the "Nifty-Difty Ultimate SSH" 3PP installed.
Surprisingly, "Nifty-Difty Ultimate SSH" hangs for some reason (it has a bug - who
knew this could happen) and the user tries to kill it using Cygwin tools. The user
sends email to the list asking why he can't find and kill the "Nifty-Difty Ultimate
SSH" process using Cygwin's 'ps' and 'kill' (not '/bin/kill -f').

I find that when I have a hung ssh from a different instance of MSYS the full path of the ssh is given in the ps list. It makes it easy to determine which instance is which.

--
Earnie