Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin

On Oct 15 12:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Oct 15 02:18, Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers) wrote:
> > really more
> >    concerned about any others that I most certainly haven't even dreamed
> > of.  Has
> >    anyone started enumerating a list of "possible problems" that we may see
> >    popping up on the list if we allow multiple, disjoint Cygwin
> > environments in the
> >    wild?  Should we be trying to think of the potential problem areas so
> > that we
> >    can assure ourselves that we have a good chance of being able to classify
> >    them and offer responses and solutions (or policies) for them?

And then there's this:  How many problems has been reported where
there's no "multiple Cygwin" message, and only the cygcheck output
revealed that there are multiple Cygwin DLLs in $PATH?  With the patch,
you're trading situations like that with situations in which no problem
occurs just because there's no collision.  In my eyes that's a win.
Especially with your registry idea added to it.