Re: Avoid collisions between parallel installations of Cygwin

On Oct 13 15:50, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> About the "allow parallel installation" configuration: if needed at all (as
> I understand it, the "always allow it" option is still open in the
> discussion),
> why not have it simple and dynamic with the CYGWIN environment variable?

The environment is read much later than the first shared objects are
created.  Sure, we could just move reading $CYGWIN to a much earlier
point without breaking anything.  At least this would keep the
configuration in the same single spot.  But I'm still not convinced that
making this behaviour optional has any advantage.