Re: [Mingw-users] Danny Smith will be missed

On Saturday 01 September 2007 17:41, Jerry Fath wrote:
[Re: Danny Smith's recent departure, as a MinGW Developer]
> I hope the move isn't forced by internal conflict amongst the
> development team.

None, that I am aware of.

> If so, then someone is putting their ego ahead of the project and
> doing all MinGW users a disservice.

Danny has not disclosed his reasons; it is his right to keep them
private, if he so wishes.  I think we all recognise the debt of
gratitude we owe to him.  He has been the guardian of GCC for MinGW
since before I took an active role in the project, and there has never,
to my knowledge, been any hint of dissent among the developers,
concerning any of the work he has done.

In recent months, Danny has suggested that he would like to hand over
the reins of his GCC release manager's role to someone else; the time
has now come, when Danny feels he must step aside, and I must call for
a volunteer to take on this responsibility.

Unless someone is willing to step forward, I fear that development of
GCC, as a MinGW project, will either die, or it will henceforth remain
frozen in its present state, for the forseeable future.

Any takers?

Regards,
Keith.