Re: reverted (to some degree) cygwin exit value presented tonon-cygwin processes

I think it's a great decision, but I will still ask a question that has
been nagging me.

Why don't we always return in pinfo the Posix exit status ("wait" format)
and in ExitProcess the Windows exit status? No need to test.

Moreover, internally we store the exit status in 32 bits, but we use only
17,
out of which 8 are for the exit value lsb.
So we could be extra nice to Windows users and return 23 bits worth of
Windows
exit status in ExitProcess, at absolutely no cost.

Pierre