Re: [Patch] Update for the testsuite, devdsp

At 02:13 PM 8/17/2004 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug 16 23:09, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

>> This is the first time I run the testsuite, and it was on WinME.
>> There were more failures than I expected, e.g. in mmap. I don't
>> know how this compares to NT.
>
>I guess it might make sense to discuss this on cygwin-developers.
>Could you send your results?  Chris and I both ran the testsuite on
>XP and the FAIL count is 0.

Attached are winsup.sum and winsup.log

There are many mmap failures (including a dump in
mmaptest01), I have not looked at them.

All the others except two are due to 9x limitations (security, hard
links). The two where something could be done are:

ltp/symlink01 has a SIGSEV, but I think it happens during a printf
 triggered by a hard link related failure.
 So it's either the test program or newlib.

ltp/truncate02 fails because of the way the lseek bug is worked around.
 Cygwin clears the section past the old EOF during the write following
 the lseek. But the testsuite reads that section just after the lseek,
 without doing any write, and thus the test fails.
 Is there a deep reason not to clear that section in the lseek call?
 I couldn't find it in the ChangeLog or on the list.

Pierre