Re: moving towards 1.5.10?

After I've reverted the reversion of async socket I/O, Pierre's and Chris'
path_conv and cwdstuff changes are in and Gerd's latest DSP spells have
been spoken, is there anything left which could keep us from announcing
an upcoming 1.5.10 release?  I've just created a new snapshot.

Changes since 1.5.9-1:

- Improve cygheap debugging, Fix heap size problems in child processes
  (Christopher Faylor)

- Add sound recording capabilities and most Open Sound System (OSS)
  compliant ioctls.  General improvements to audio code (Gerd Spalink)

- Simplify and speed up path handling (Pierre Humblet)

- Fix SIGCHLD handling (Christopher Faylor)

- Fix shmat (Corinna Vinschen)

- Improve thread safety of newlib's file I/O functions (Thomas Pfaff)

- Rewrite tape code to operate like Linux SCSI tape driver (Corinna Vinschen)

- Add SIGPIPE handling to sendmsg (Corinna Vinschen)

- Allow successful socket send/recv even after signal has arrived
  (Patrick Samson)

- Add libtextreadmode.a to allow setting only file input to O_TEXT by default
  (Corinna Vinschen)

- Speed up stat-like file operations. Minimize file open/close calls
  in NT (Corinna Vinschen)

- Fix lseek return code in case of error (Corinna Vinschen)

- 16 byte align all thread stacks to allow SSE operations (DJ Delorie)

- Ensure that newly created threads are always ready to receive a
  signal.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Fix race with multithreaded programs using sockets.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Ensure that correct errno is set for failing opens.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Fix so that cygwin works correctly on Windows 95.  (Pierre Humblet)

- Make lstat return the correct size for symbolic links (Pierre Humblet)

- Rearrange socket code to use asynchronous I/O instead of overlapped I/O
  to solve a signal race problem (Corinna Vinschen)

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.