RE: cygwin manual pages

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 03:35:22PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
> >Cygwin lacks manual pages for system calls (open, close), etc. These are
> >present in other operating systems, such as Linux. I propose writing some
> >manual pages for these system calls similar to those on Linux.
> The man pages
> >would also include Cygwin implementation details that might be
> relevant to a
> >given function. I'm willing to write these pages if people think
> this is a
> >good idea.
>
> Are you sure the man pages aren't available in the newlib tree already?

I haven't found them and if they're there, they aren't installed by Setup
(since I have everything installed and they're not on my machine). Newlib
has manual pages for libc and libm functions, such as fopen and fclose, but
not for system calls as far as I can tell.
What happens when you type "man 2 open"? If there is a manual page, where
does it say it's from? Perhaps there are already pages  around and I just
haven't picked them up. Otherwise I've written a Perl script to make some
skeleton man pages for Cygwin system calls and I'm happy to flesh them out.

Chris