Re: A quick note on <newlib.h>

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:52:14AM +0100, Conrad Scott wrote:
>The <newlib.h> include file is causing problems with cygwin
>builds.

Um, what newlib.h include file?

I'm obviously building cygwin with gcc 3.2 with no problem on both linux
and windows.  I don't have a newlib.h file in my build area and I don't
see it installed anywhere.  I also don't see it referenced by anything
in winsup or newlib.

Wait a minute.

pause

cvs update shows that there is a new file called newlib.h that was
introduced *today*.  Hmm.

This is one of the reasons that I'm getting sick of our dependency on
newlib.  I've asked that cygwin be taken into account when making
changes like this but, the last I heard, the newlib guys were stalled
trying to accommodate my request since the two year old gcc cross
compiler that they insist on using is no longer able to build cygwin.

It's easy enough to add another include path to cygwin but I'm not sure
that I want to do that.  I think, instead, I'm going to start thinking
about how we can eliminate our dependency on newlib.

In the meantime, I've checked in an empty "newlib.h" file into the
winsup/cygwin.  That should allow things to build, at least.