Re: patch for cygserver

"Joshua Daniel Franklin" <joshua@iocc.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this update. I've never had cygipc installed, but
I'll probably
> take a look at the README and see about adding a cygserver.sgml
file with
> it's info and what you told me here.

Thanks, that sounds good.  I'll take a closer look at the cygipc
README this evening and send you some suggestions if relevant.
There's also an email from Robert Collins (when the cygserver code
was first merged into the mainline) that gave some details: I
can't get to www.cygwin.com to look this up but I'll send on the
reference when I manage to get there.

> Sorry I didn't look in the ChangeLog first.

Not a problem here: in fact it gave me the opportunity to
publicize my debt to you.  Thanks for that opportunity and thanks
for your work on the other executables.

> BTW are there SUS man pages we could distribute as a package?

The pages I use are from
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/ but the terms and
conditions explicitly prohibit their re-distribution etc.  Perhaps
the best idea would be to provide the Linux pages (as per cygipc)
or else to give a pointer to the SUS pages.  At some point I could
cross-check the SUS man pages against the current Linux ones (or
FreebSD or whatever) and provide a coherent version, updating the
Linux ones as required for the cygwin implementation.  Hopefully
there won't be any differences :-)

Cheers,

// Conrad