Re: [bug found] Re: cygwin hang problem

Christopher Faylor wrote:

I'd still like to find what threads are simultaneously looking for the
same info but, in the meantime, I've rewritten that particular section
of code so that there is only one memory write, which should be thread
safe.

Does it work any better now?
I'll try it, though it might not be until Monday.

Meanwhile, I am attaching the thread stacks.  One of them must have called
CopySid successfully at some point.  Hard to say when with XP scheduler
vagaries etc.

I am working from a July 8 14:42:35 (or so) snapshot from cvs, with a couple
patches of my own.

Joe Buehler