Re: Slowdown

At 11:56 AM 6/30/2002 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>The server is only asked for getting HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH and
>the values are never used to set the environment or to
>evaluate HOME.  So if HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH are missing in the
>environment, getting the values from the server doesn't help
>for setting HOME.  Or do I miss something?

The current code is as you describe and that's fine with me.

Regarding the topic of cygwin building fine then crashing on startup,
I saw something strikingly similar to what Chris January described.
I didn't have time to investigate and didn't write about it.

The next day I couldn't build due to some missing symbol, related to
shm and cygserver if I recall well. That's what I had in mind
in my mail to Chris Faylor. That was eventually fixed by make clean
(which might also have fixed the cause of the crash).
All is well now.

Pierre