Re: Release 1.3.10 and then merge daemon code

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 03:03:12AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>>                === winsup Summary ===
>>
>># of expected passes            217
>># of expected failures          21
>>
>>Binary file
>>/usr/src/kernel/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/testsuite/../cygwin/new-cygwin1.dll
>>matches
>>
>>CYGWIN=binmode tty ntsec nosmbntsec codepage:oem
>>error_start:d:/cygwin/bin/dumper.exe
>>
>>runtest completed at Wed Feb 13 01:32:41 2002
>
>FWIW, I had to apply the following Makefile patch in order to install
>into a empty inst dir.  Without it, certain directories are not created
>before 'make install' tries to install files into them.
>
>Mostly under winsup, but one in libiberty...not sure where that patch
>should go.  I tried to follow the "pattern" of the surrounding module:
>if other (working) Makefile.in's used $(mkinstalldir) then I did too;
>if they just put a 'mkdir -p' into the install: rule, then that's what
>I did.

Both of those makefiles are rather old so it would be hard to believe
that something this basic is required.  The INSTALL_DATA script is
supposed to create the directories automatically.  AFAICT, it is working
correctly.  I just tried it for a couple of things but I don't have
anything working well enough right now to try a full install.  I'm
still trying to track down a gcc 3.1 bug and my dll is really screwed
up.