really? have you checked if exactly one thread wakes up when condition
variable is signaled? i _can't_ see how current code can work at all.
please run winsup.api/pthread/condvar3_1.c test on w2k and tell what
the result is. btw, are you sure you've been testing on stock w95? or
it was w98? or osr2? msdn says that InterlockedIncrement() behavior
changed from w95 to w98 and from nt3.5 to nt4.0.

again, i can't see how current code can work at all either on w95 or
on w98 or on nt or on w2k. what exactly have you tested?