Re: "Address already in use" error from ssh with current Cygwin installation

[Get raw message] [Get raw message]
>  Date: 13 Nov 2001 12:45:25 -0500
>  From: Jonathan Kamens <jik@curl.com>
>
>  When I peruse fhandler_socket.cc, it appears to me that the code is
>  randomly assigning a local port number to a socket during connect.

On further examination, it appears that I was wrong.  The random port
number stuff is only used for AF_UNIX sockets, and in this case we're
dealing with an AF_INET socket, so that code shouldn't be relevant.

As far as I can tell, for AF_INET sockets, Cygwin lets WININET assign
the local port number if one isn't explicitly specified by the calling
program.  If that's correct, then is this problem a WININET bug --
it's assigning a local port number when that port number is already in
use?  And if so, then what has changed in the Cygwin DLL to cause this
problem to start showing up when it wasn't before?

I'm continuing to investigate, but if anybody has any ideas, please
let me know....

Thanks,

  jik