From: Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: cygwin-developers@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: sound support more info - kde2 porting status
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 23:50:14 -0400

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 08:47:37PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> >6. the sound support of cygwin isn't ready. Especially setting
>> >   of audio buffer size from an application is a problem.
>> >   Look in the thread about the rocksndiamond game started with
>> >   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2001-q4/msg00171.html.
>>
>> I didn't see anything which actually set the blocksize in the code
>> fragment that you sent to cygwin-apps.  I just saw code which read the
>> block size and said "this should return 512".  But, cygwin uses a larger
>> buffer than that.  I don't actually see an ioctl for setting the block
>> size under linux, but maybe I missed something.

Duh.  You even mentioned this in your email.  Sorry for missing it.

This looks like more than a simple fix to the fhandler_dsp.cc code but it
should be pretty easy if anyone wants to tackle it?

Anyone interested in implementing SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT?

cgf

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/