Re: The test suite is cool

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:14:23PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:32:16PM +0400, egor duda wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>Tuesday, 02 October, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:
>>
>>CF> I just wanted to spread some test suite kudos in Egor's direction.
>>
>>well, most kudos should go to the guys from linux testing project, i
>>just did the porting.
>>
>>CF> I've been trying to school myself to run the test suite before I
>>check in CF> changes and whaddaya know?  I've found some problems in my
>>code (I can CF> hear the collective gasps now).
>>
>>cool indeed :) i wonder if it's possible to add 'make check' to
>>snapshot building scripts (if they're running natively, of course) and
>>post results on snapshots page.
>
>Nope.  I build everything on linux.  Eventually, I'll be building
>everything on sourceware.

However, on reflection, if someone else is willing to provide this
service, then it might be interesting.  We could even just run the
testsuite and report the results to the cygwin mailing list.  I can
imagine that there could be some kind of mechanism which refers to the
mailing list post on the snapshot web page.