Re: new 'temp' directory in CVS cinstall contains dependency WIP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>; <cygwin-developers@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: new 'temp' directory in CVS cinstall contains dependency
WIP

> Ok.  I'm going to clarify and simplify:
>
> Here is what I'm asking:
>
> 1) If you are a package maintainer, check your entries in
>    setup.ini for accuracy.  Make any changes that you think
>    are appropriate.  Check them into cvs.  Ignore the "rh"
>    script.

I am, for squid, looks good to me.

> 2) Try setup.ini with a freshly compiled setup.exe.  If it
>    works fine for you, you're done.  If it doesn't then debugging
>    is appreciated.

Works for me. (without the patches I've sent in about this). I'm happy
to carry on assisting anyone who can reproduce this.

> - I am not doing away with the idea of allowing setup.hint to
>   control update-setup's operation.

<whew :}! >

> I hope that covers all of Robert's objections.

I really hadn't meant to be difficult chris! I seem to have got the
wrong end of the stick at some point - and for that I'm sorry.

Rob