RE: 1.3.4?

This is a *known* race condition. It has always existed on 9x, and I had
no choice for NT about introducing it. I'm working on some upgrades to
the muto object which will _hopefully_ allow a correct fix for both
platforms.

The race is that an event can get missed if one thread is entering a
wait just when another signals.

Rob