Re: win95 support

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> There is one specific issue with PeekNamedPipe not detecting EOF that
> exists on Windows 95 -> Windows ME.  I was hoping that maybe if I could
> do a WFSO on a pipe on these platforms that I could possibly work around
> this problem.  That was not the case.
>
> I guess it is possible that this would work on something > Windows 95.
> I didn't test that.  I tend to doubt that Microsoft would make things
> less compliant with their documentation as they "improved" the
> OS so I didn't think it was worth tracking down.

The [comaptibility] portion of one of the INI files is enormous in win98,
it serves to make certain API calls behave in a bug-compatible way with
the original win95. If you can give me a test program, I would be more
than happy to test it on win98 and get back to the list ASAP.

> So, to reiterate, the issue of dropping Windows 95 does not solve the
> pipe problem in any way.

If WFSO works as documented (or better) in win98 it still wouldn't help?
Sorry for my confusion, was up slaying bugs until 4am last night. :)

--
http://www.clock.org/~matt