Re: Useful details about the Make SEGVs

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:19:59PM -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>Do you think I should try rerunning the "make -j2" under strace?  How
>about running it with a cygwin1.dll compiled with malloc debugging
>(ouch! that'll hurt)?

It will certainly hurt.  I suspect it will probably also "just work"
as is usually the case when debugging potential races with strace.

It's probably worth a try, though.  I would just strace each individual
make run, though, overwriting the strace output file every time.

Otherwise, you will fill up your hard disk.

>Incidentally, is it possible to run an application using a cygwin1.dll
>with malloc debugging but to run gdb on the application using a
>cygwin1.dll *without* malloc debugging?  Gdb seems very difficult to
>use when malloc debugging is enabled.

See Egor's recent "how to" on debugging cygwin.  It talks about how
to do this.