Re: the w32api path change

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:25:57AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

I defined inst_includedir for the w32api case because includedir
is overridden to '/usr/include' (or whatever) when you do a top-level
build.  So, if you want to install somewhere besides /usr/include you
have to do something special.

I don't recall exactly, but it seems like installing to includedir
and libdir was not doing the right thing in a cross-build environment.

I notice that the dist target in lib/Makefile.in doesn't seem to use
inst_includedir or inst_libdir.

If this is to accomodate the use of dist in the top-level makefile, then
why not just add the /usr there by overriding tooldir, as appropriate.
I don't know exactly what these targets are supposed to be doing but I
don't think that bending the standard targets to accomodate them is the
way to go.