Re: the w32api path change

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 08:13:37AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >Robert Collins wrote:
> >>
> >> Earnie.. It really does break stuff, even for local installs,
> >>
> >> ie a prefix of /usr installs insto /usr/usr
> >>
> >> Is there any reason the change can't be simply backed out, and when a
> >> better alternative to achieve your goal arises put that into place?
> >>

> >I've committed the attached patch that should help.  This isn't perfect
> >yet and will change in the future but it should help both this case as
> >well as the cross-compile case.  The case that doesn't work as expected
> >is the `make install prefix=/non/configured/prefix' in which case you
> >get /non/configured/prefix/usr/include/w32api and
> >/non/configure/prefix/usr/lib/w32api.
> >
> >Comments/complaints/flames welcome.
>
> I really don't understand.  It wasn't broken before.  Why are you
> something that wasn't broken?
>
> If you explain what you're trying to do it might help.
>
> Putting things in /usr/usr/include and /usr/usr/lib is not ever going to
> be a proper solution.

The current patch doesn't do this unless you `configure --prefix=/foo'
and `make install prefix=/usr'.

As to why, I'm trying to accommodate the dist, srcdist and bindist
targets so that `make dist' when target = 'cygwin' packages for
/usr/include/w32api and /usr/lib/w32api while all other targets package
in /usr/include and /usr/lib.

As I said, the current patch should work until I look at it further this
evening.  I did try it, except for cross-compile and make install did
install into /usr/include not /usr/usr/include.

Earnie